Friday, April 17, 2009

Twitter? Facebook? MySpace? Flickr?

So many popular (probably temporary) ways to interact on the web these days. Me being sort of a techie-geek at times, I am pulled toward doing the things that each interactive tool offers. But, I typically find that either I don't have time to interact on a daily basis, or else what I expected to get from all that interaction isn't that great.

Take Facebook, for example. On the recommendation of a friend, I gave it a try. About a month later, I dumped it…never could get enough "friends" involved so I could do any interaction. Twitter? I looked at it, and felt it was rather dumb. Especially when the main goal for many is to just get as many "followers" as possible. MySpace? No way, this one is for teens and I damn sure ain't a teen. Flickr? Yup, I like it. I can post my photos for reviews from others, and interact in many ways with other photographers to solve problems or just get the scoop on what's hot in the way of new gear.

So, do you Twitter? How's your Facebook doing? Can you imagine someone asking you those questions a couple of years ago?