Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy Birthday Apple

April 1st, 1976 was the day Apple Computer Corporation was founded. At that time I was a Major, working in the Pentagon, and had zero interest in what was going on in the world of technology. I was mainly trying to keep my head above water, running (literally) Army staff actions throughout the massive halls of the building. But, I digress…

Later in 1986, I purchased my first Apple computer and have been a loyal user since, except for a period when I was forced to use a Windows PC, due to the job I had at the time. Today I rely totally on my Apple Mac computers to perform publishing magic for me every day…whether it be posting this blog entry, updating the Army Engineer Association website, or preparing another issue of Army Engineer magazine.

Without my Apple Mac, I'd be dead in the water…but I have no plans to be without my Mac. (Knocking on wood). I also would not want to be without my Apple iPod, which I listen to most every day, and sometimes as I go to bed. In that regard, I did so last night, wanting to listen to a new album I'd downloaded off iTunes.

Unfortunately, it was a long album, Chris Botti's live concert in Boston last Fall, and by the time it had finished, I was not. Meaning I had a hard time falling to sleep. Lesson learned is that it's not a good idea (for me at least) to start listening to music just before 12 midnight. But then, I did not have to get up early today, so I got my normal number of hours of sleep.

Anyway, I'm thankful for Apple Corporation, and just wanted to say "Happy Birthday" to all those working there today.