Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slow day today

If you write and manage a blog, like this one, then you'll understand when I say that some days are easier than others when it comes to picking a subject…and then trying to write something meaningful, at least to you. Today is one of those days for me. It's going to be hot again here in Martinsville, VA, my grass is mostly brown, I'm having to water my tomatoes a lot, the fish aren't biting that well (bass), I'm starting the next issue (Sep-Oct) of Army Engineer magazine, and am sorting out "beach items" to take next week on a family vacation to Emerald Isle, NC. If the weather holds today, I'm going to take my two granddaughters to a local lake to canoe/kayak (one is almost 20 and the other almost 16). Lots going on for me, but I just can't open my brain much more than I have in order to write a topical blog, or to find some interesting "link" to send you to. So, for today at least, this will have to do. But then, maybe no one is reading this anyway, so its not a big deal.