Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is where I work…work you say?


Yes, this is a recent photo of my work desk…where I put together Army Engineer magazine six times a year. While what you see may be considered (how should I say it) "antique looking", I find the work setup to be just fine. There are, however, several problems I have to work around.

For example, there are a couple of keys missing on the typewriter, and the quill pen is somewhat hard to use when doing detail work. Also, the clock is stuck at just past five o'clock, so I often have a hard time deciding when to take a break. And, I have been having a hard time recently finding refills for the Super Chrome pen ink on the desk shelf, as I am in locating replacement ribbons at Walmart for the good old Royal typewriter. Lastly, ever try to work under the light of an oil lamp? Not a fun experience I can tell yah!

Still, having been trained well by the Army over the years, I've been able to overcome all these type obstacles and consistently accomplish my mission.