Monday, March 09, 2009

Bits and pieces

1. The March-April issue of Army Engineer is now being printed. Subscribers can expect delivery late this month or early next. If you don't subscribe, why not? More info here.

2. Beautiful weekend here in SW Virginia. High 70's low 80's. Expected to be in the mid 40's by the end of this week. Typical.

3. Atlanta NASCAR race yesterday was pretty good. Glad to see Kurt Busch won, and Jeff Gordon take a very close second. Speaking of the Busch family, I'm not so down this year on Kurt's younger brother Kyle. Last year I was not a big supporter, in fact I rooted for him to lose. He's mellowed out a bit this year, so I'll neither root for or against him. If he wins, that's OK too.

4. Now that the magazine is put to bed for awhile, I have a couple of weeks to do home chores. I'm fixing up one of our bathrooms, plus painting a bedroom. I'm also considering buying a new lawn tractor…John Deere… to replace the one I now have (also a John Deere). I need a more powerful model to mow our somewhat rugged terrain. The President asked us to "spend if we have it" so I may follow his recommendation.