Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Royal Wedding...a look back

For me anyway, escaping in some small way from the terrible state of affairs in the world we live in today, is always enjoyable. Unfortunately, I can't really do that as much as I'd like. However, watching the wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton came as close to taking me "away" as I might hope to find. Call me as sentimentalist or whatever, but my "roots" are English/Welsh...my name being one of the most common in the UK...Morgan that is. So...call me British.

I've been to the UK several times and each trip there was unique in its own way. I am also very interested in the English Monarchy, although trying to learn English history can be a challenge, given its age. Heck, it's hard enough keeping track of our own history here in America.

I guess there's not much I don't like about the UK. Golf there is something not to be missed. A "pint" in a London pub is wonderful...not possible to have only one. Fish and Chips wrapped in a newspaper is the only way to eat that treat. And, meat pie is good too, but I'd never ask for what the ingredients are.

I've always said that I could live there (Wales would be my choice). But alas, it's not to be. I'll just have to go there in my mind, through the internet listening to live streaming music from BBC One or Jazz FM, reading books, and of course keeping close track of the Royals as they go about their business...especially the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge...Kate and William.