Monday, February 21, 2011

Wireless or Landline?

Many of you reading this don't remember using a telephone with a "rotary dial' on it, back when each was made (only made) by Bell Telephone Company. You wanted a phone in your home, you contacted Bell Telephone and they made it happen. Today, this is obviously no longer the case. For many, a "landline" phone is a thing of the past. Most under the age of 30 have no use for such.

I'm slightly above the age of 30 (more than slightly but that's another story) but I am, quite frankly, getting tired of landline phones. My wife does not agree, and she relies heavily on our home phone for calls to friends and family. But, I have had a second landline number coming into our house for years, which I have been using totally for my work. But, it's turned into a junk call line mostly, and the largest percentage of my work communications is done via email these days.

So, I'm dumping my work landline phone. Farewell old friend, may I introduce you to my Blackberry?