Sunday, February 13, 2011

A week ago it was "the" day

Super Bowl is over by a week now, but I'll be doing exactly the same thing tonight this week as I was the last...that being not watching the Super Bowl.

"OMG," you shout, "you didn't watch the most popular sporting event ever, especially when such great teams as the Packers and Steelers were playing!" Yup, it's true...I did not watch.

The reasons why I did not watch "the" game are several and if I listed them here the result would be along the lines of, "You spent your time doing (insert my excuse) instead of watching the Super Bowl, how dumb is that?" So, I choose the easy way out and won't say exactly what I did for most of the game.

However, what I was doing was completed before the game ended, so I did watch the last several minutes and got to see the Steelers almost pull it out, but given I am a Packer fan I was happy they didn't. My wife watched the whole game in my absence, but our cats elected to join me doing what I was doing. I'll let you try and guess what it was I was doing; and yes, our cats enjoy that activity too.

I suppose my main point here is that the older one gets, the more one realizes that "games" are not as important as they once were. Still, I have to confess I am not yet completely "game free", because the morning after the Super Bowl (beginning at 0600) I spent well over an hour watching replays of the game on ESPN. Go figure.