Saturday, February 07, 2009

Misplaced priorities?

I do a lot of "poking around" inside various blogs and group forums related to photography and computers (Apple). Sometimes I make a comment in the forum or to the blogger, but mostly I just read what others are writing. You can learn a lot that way, and often solve issues you might be having.

What I read more and more these days, however, are comments or questions pertaining to a lot of things I'd refer to as being cosmetic. "What do you think", they ask, "about the color of the new camera Canon just released?". Or, they write something like, "I'm going buy the new Apple Macbook because it's cute."

Not that there's anything wrong with folks having opinions and questions about things, I just wonder if we're seeing an awful lot of people today having misplaced priorities in relation to how they view what's going on around them.