Friday, September 30, 2011

To Blog or not to Blog

I have published just over 800 posts here since I began this blog several years ago. That amounts to an average of three posts per week. I get near 50 page views a day on average, and that's been pretty consistent for a long time.

When I began this blog it was my intent to have a place where I could offer opinion and comment about the Army, as well as some of my views on lots of topics. It gave me a place where I could write things in between issues of Army Engineer magazine, for which which I am editor. For example, in the magazine I have an "Editor's Independent View" page.

It's my opinion that given the number of other blogs and online information people read everyday, which has increased dramatically since I began this blog, it seems likely that my little piece of the world may not be all that important.

I'm thus going to ponder whether or not to discontinue the blog. Note I write "ponder." I do not allow comments on this blog due to having been "spammed" in the past. But, if you have a comment about my perhaps ending this blog, I invite you to email me at ae.editor@gmail.com.