Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thinner and Lighter is Better...Right?

These days it seems that just as we get used to some nice electronic or photographic piece of gear, it's replaced by a new model sold with glaring advertisement headlines which proclaim, "NEW...and now even thinner and lighter...just what you've been looking for!" Well, for me anyway, not exactly.

With some items, such as cell phones and cameras, I prefer models with a bit more weight and size, so they don't slip out of my hands. That characteristic is usually a top priority for me when it comes to selecting what I want...how does it "feel" in my hands.

I like reading books that are thick and heavy (when I read paper versions that is...since I am a Kindle user...which is not too light and not too thin...for me anyway). I like sandwiches that are thick...being full of goodies stacked on top of each other...but not too hard to hold so I don't make a mess on my white tee shirt. And lastly, I always want my milkshakes to be as thick and as heavy as I can get. Finding a gallon size chocolate shake somewhere would be nice...one that takes about an hour to devour before it melts.