Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cyber Command?

I sure missed this one, when the U.S. Cyber Command was established in June 2009. Reason I mention this now is that I read today where DoD asserts it will/might retaliate in kind against any cyber attacker whose objective is to disrupt or disable computer networks, etc.

Anyone without a CAC card (like me) and who has to go through a major drill just to LOGIN into army.mil to get into AKO (password changes all the time, questions asked, etc) understands what the threat is really all about. Our military computer networks are constantly under observation and probably attacks, so they HAVE to be as tight and secure as possible.

So, for guys like me who remember a major command called CONARC, a futuristic sounding Cyber Command is taking a bit getting used to.