Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More thoughts about the blue uniform


In an earlier post I stated I did not like the change from "green" to "blue". No special reason, other that it's a big leap for me, considering I wore the green version for over thirty years (ROTC then active duty). As I said earlier, I really never liked the green version that much…preferring tan or brown. The old "pinks and greens" was my favorite, probably because I wore it for three years in high school ROTC. When I went to college and joined ROTC at that level, I regretted not being able to continue wearing that style of uniform. "Blue" does not convey "Army" to me. That color is just fine for a dress uniform, but not for everyday wear. And, I don't agree with the rationale that "we need only one uniform", for justifying the switch to the blue color. But, just like everything else that's caused me temporary unrest in relation to "change" in the Army since I retired, I'll get past my feelings about "blue" being the new color for the Army.