Monday, May 03, 2010

History Alive at FLW


I spent a week at Fort Leonard Wood recently, most of the time taking photographs of the installation for the May-June 2010 issue of Army Engineer magazine. One thing about the post I especially like is how planners have preserved some of the "history" that dates back to the Second World War. One example is a photo I took of an original, large photograph of the 1940s era FLW Field House now hanging in (renamed) Nutter Field House. I took that image from my camera and placed another shot of how the building looks today on top. Pretty much the same, until you go inside. The interior has been completely renovated and serves a myriad of purposes for the installation. Nice to see the "old" facility still being used. Like I said, history is alive at Leonard Wood.