Friday, January 08, 2010

Well, they won...but

Yes, Bama won last night, and I was happy for them (see my last post for why). But, probably like millions of others in America, I have an empty feeling today. There's a burning question I have inside, "What would have happened had the Texas QB not been hurt so early in the game?" Texas had to totally change their game plan as a result of the injury, and given that Alabama started the game looking like they were more worried with losing than they were with winning (especially Coach Saban), Texas seemed way more prepared mentally to play than did the Tide. In the 4th Quarter, I was actually rooting for Texas to rally and win, because that would have been so cool to see their young, untested QB, actually beat the #1 college FB team in America. Of course that didn't happen. So, I'm happy on the one hand and sad on the other. Not the sort of "victory" I was looking for when the game started.