Saturday, June 20, 2009

North to Alaska


I'm off to Alaska, again. Two weeks. Going to the Anchorage region, Fairbanks, Denali National Park and then cruise Prince William Sound, to see many glaciers and other interesting subjects. I'm taking my grandson Michael with me as his high school graduation present. He's going to Virginia Tech and the Hokie Nation this Fall. During our trip I won't be blogging, nor will I be updating AEA's website. I'll be back to business as normal on July 6th.

This photo was taken by me in 2007 near Portage Glacier which is a reasonable drive out of Anchorage (this is not that glacier). I plan to go there again this time, to show Michael what a retreating glacier looks like, courtesy of climate change. We'll see many more glaciers this trip, hopefully not in retreat.

Back later. Cheers!