Friday, June 05, 2009

I'm joining the iPhone movement


Speculation is that there is soon to be a new model iPhone released. That event will coincide with the end of my U.S. Cellular contract for my trusty Samsung phone, which I have to say I hardly use. Why then, do I want a newer cell phone?

Because I use my iPod daily to listen to my music, and the one I have, while still relatively new (it's an iPod Touch, similar to an iPhone less the phone part), is getting filled up with songs and I need more capacity. Why not have a new iPod and a new cell phone in one package. Sounds like a plan to me.

What really sold me on this plan, was the fact that a friend of my teen age granddaughter let me test out her AT&T cell phone the other day when they were over at our house swimming (school is out) and I had excellent signals. ATT is the iPhone carrier, the only one.

So, sometime this summer I'll be an official iPhone geek. Not sure if that will be good or bad, but I'm willing to risk the plunge.