Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation Report Part 2

In a very nice Days Inn in Traverse City, MI. It's 0625 and I'm sitting in bed with my Apple laptop running, while my wife sleeps. Spent yesterday driving around looking at several lighthouses. See my photo blog at the link to the right. I'm posting one photo per day there, so long as I have an internet connection. To adapt to spotty internet connections while traveling, I've pre-scheduled photo posts for the next several days now that I have a good connection today.

This Days Inn has free wireless and it's very fast. Best I've experienced while traveling. Only down side to this room is that it's not cold enough for my wife. She wants the room air conditioning set on "freeze me", and this window unit can't meet her demands.

Lots of summertime tourists around this part of Michigan, but perhaps a bit fewer than normal. Case in point was us being able to actually find a motel room at a decent place. Traverse City is a pretty popular destination for many mid-westerners. Lots to see around here and we'll continue that today. One more lighthouse to visit, and a couple of wineries. Then, we take a 200 mile drive south to Pontiac, MI where my wife's cousin lives. Stay there a few days and then we're headed to Northern Indiana to visit my brother-in-law, before we head back to Virginia.

After today, my internet connection will cease for awhile, unless I visit some wireless friendly establishment somewhere along the way. If my brother-in-law has a wireless network in his house I'm all set, but have to wait to see how all that goes.