Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back Online

My brother-in-law has wireless. Yea! We're in Munster, Indiana now, near Gary. Arrived yesterday afternoon from Michigan and stayed up later than normal last night talking with him, his wife and my wife. I'm glad to be out of Michigan. Traveling to see different lighthouses  there was nice, but long drives each day, and less than desirable lodging for several nights made it not so nice. If I could describe the state in one word it would be "detour". There is an incredible amount of highway and bridge construction going on, using federal stimulus dollars, and that made for some bumpy and stressful rides. Overall, Michigan is in pretty sad shape as far as highway infrastructure is concerned. I remember a time when its roads were among the best in the midwest. Not so today.