Thursday, October 15, 2009

Decisions Take Time, But...

Sometimes people delay making a decision, because they are reluctant to go with what their gut tells them to do, and thus they tend to often do nothing. I sort of feel this way about the delay we're seeing in making a decision on what to do in Afghanistan. I know, it's a VERY important decision, but as a prior Soldier who was sent to and fro by the Army across the globe for 29 years, I have an impatient side to me. Knowing what to expect is important, and the longer I'm held in suspense the more impatient I become. It's worse for families.

Once a decision is made, we salute and move forward. We may not always like the decision we're presented, but we do our best regardless. That's the way it is and most times we feel just fine because a decision has been made and that's a good thing. So, I'm waiting to learn where we're going to go in Afghanistan. I hope my wait is about to be over. I'm not personally affected, but my thoughts are with so many who are.