Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Just listening to the radio

No big deal...listening to the radio while I work on putting out another issue of Army Engineer magazine. But, with today's technology, it's way different from what it used to be. For example, I have my iPod Touch plugged in to a very nice sounding Logitech speaker dock, and using a 99 cent iPod app called TuneIn Radio, I'm listening live to a jazz music station in London, England...commercials and all. With that app, I can listen to radio stations from all over the world. It's available for Droid phone users too.

When we were asigned in Germany (twice) I used to tune in to European radio stations at night, because nightime radio wave propagation made it possible to get numerous AM, and some FM stations from some distance away. I loved music from the UK, and those times I traveled there, I had the radion on both in the car and in our hotel room all the time. Now, I can have this enjoyment here in SW Virginia. Technology is wonderful...if you use it.

Oh, it's 6 degrees Celcius in London right now (11AM EST...4PM in the UK), and some more snow is predicted. Rough winter over there this year.