Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Martinsville Race Weekend Part 2

This year I elected not to attend the Sprint Cup race on Sunday, preferring to spend all day Saturday at the track first photographing the cup driver's Happy Hour practice session and then the Camping World 200 truck race. I wanted to get some practice myself photographing speeding cars from various positions in the open fan section, where I could not easily go during the Sprint Cup race on Sunday, due to crowds and other fan restrictions. One drawback was that for some of my close ups during practice, I had to stand behind a high protective wire fence. Let me tell you even with that fence between me and the cars, it was quite a sensation as they zoomed past with high horsepower engines roaring. Here's some of what I saw for your enjoyment.









Next up in Part 3 will be the Camping World Truck Race itself. Stand by.