Sunday, July 25, 2010

After it's all Over

We arrived back home in SW Virginia about 11PM last night after driving 13 hours, concluding our two week trip. Not a bad drive home actually, as the traffic was very light for a Saturday. Still, we're tired. Now it's time to reflect on the past two weeks, given that our summer 2010 road trip is all over.

For me, the first week essentially was a bust. I did get some nice lighthouse photographs in Western Michigan, but a lot of the other stuff that happend during that first portion of our journey was not that special—for me. The last week spent with my brother-in-law and his wife, however, was great and I enjoyed it very much. He and my wife come from hardy stock, and in many ways he is someone I look to for inspiration. He makes the best darn coffee around, and his wife is a super host.

So, all in all it was fun, albeit way too hot in Michigan and Indiana most of the time. We're glad to be back home and the best part of that is our 19 year old grandson Michael was our "house sitter" for two weeks while we were away, and he did a super job. He's getting paid well, but after seeing all the extra stuff he did on his own initiative, I'll give him a big bonus.