Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Email attachment junk

I often receive emails with attachments that cover just about everything possible which I refer to as total junk. Most of these emails I delete immediately without ever opening. Examples: Internet rumors informing me that according to the experts, "so-in-so" is a communist or a terrorist, chain emails ordering me in all capital letters to "PASS THIS ON NOW, DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN", jokes that are either not that funny or are totally tasteless, and patriotic music and/or videos apparently designed to make me want to get up and salute while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I don't need anyone to try to make me feel any more patriotic than I already am. People need to think about what they send, before they send it. Ask yourself, "do I think the recipient REALLY wants to receive this?" If there is any doubt, don't send it! Why assume just because YOU think it's great, that someone else will feel the same. Adding to the misery, is the fact that many senders of this nature thoughtlessly pass on this type junk to EVERY person in their email address book!