Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't mess with me


Earlier this week I took a drive up along the Blue Ridge Parkway (unfortunately for the views, in the midst of low-hanging clouds and steady mist and light rain) with my wife and her visiting cousin from Michigan. I was the "guide". We made the best of it, and found a nice cafe in Floyd, Virginia where we had a super lunch. We also visited my favorite winery anywhere, Chateau Morrisette where I replenished my stock. Later, we drove south on the parkway toward North Carolina and the weather improved a bit, so we could stop and check out some old abandoned farms. One was still being used to raise cattle. This is where I saw one who looked at me with a steady eye that said, "don't mess with me, I'm eating". It was an enjoyable day and I got some nice photos in the process.