Thursday, September 28, 2006

Take time to relax

Last winter when I was suffering a bit of cabin fever, wanting to load my kayak on top of the truck and go fishing on a day when the weather was right, but realizing the weather would not be "right" for several more months, my almost 65 years old muscles seemed to hurt a bit more. Then, by chance as I was browzing around on the internet late one afternoon after finishing up magazine duties for the day, I found this short quote. I can't remember where I found it, or who wrote it, but I printed it out and keep it sitting right in front of my computer monitor, so I can read it when I start work every day. Here it is:

"A most pleasant day will be in the offing for you today, if you can just relax and enjoy yourself instead of trying to steer things into place. Let life tell you what to do and where to go"

I'm not one to normally get much out of such quotes, but this one did the trick for me.