Thursday, September 07, 2006

First at Bat

This is the first entry in my AE Magazine Editor's Independent View Blog, which I hope will allow me to be a bit more "editorially free" than I want to be in the print version of Army Engineer Magazine. The Blog will also allow me to place links to sites, images and whatever else I feel may be of interest to members of the Army Engineer Association. And, it amy not be all just "Army" stuff.

I'm a Lifetime Member of AEA, and was one of the first to join. But, I'm not a staff member of AEA, and edit their magazine and publish their website as an independent contractor. As such, I want to remain as fair and balanced as I can in reporting, but I also want to solicit opinions from those of you out there who may not always subscribe to the views of those "in charge".

So, for awhile I'll post tid-bits here designed to elicit a response...positive or negative. If I sense an interest, I'll keep at it. If nothing comes forth, I'll trash the whole deal. After all, setting up a Blog is free and easy so why not give it a shot.