Friday, April 01, 2011

April Fool's Day

April 1st News of the Day:

1. Congress passes new budget which when executed will eliminate completely the national debt.

2. VCU not only makes the final four but wins the national championship (whoops, this may be true)

3. My blog daily views finally reached the 100,000 mark.

4. Microsoft develops a new smart phone that has no screen...instead using your immediate surroundings to show movies in full HD on any blank surface while taking calls and texts at the same time, has no battery...instead converting dust to electricity, and costs only $49.99 with no contract required and unlimited phone minutes and data usage.

I wonder if people play these sorts of April Fool's games any more. I remember the time when I was a Major working in the Pentagon, and as I was getting ready to leave for work our two daughters reversed my US and Engineer Castle brass insignia on my green uniform jacket lapels, and I wore same to work on April 1st. While standing in line for lunch in the main cafeteria, a full Colonel ripped my behind for being so stupid as to not know how to wear my uniform properly. Good laugh from my daughters when I got home that evening and told them the story. "April Fools Daddy", was what they said.