Monday, August 30, 2010

Joining the E-reader club

Before it was released, I was sure I'd be an early buyer of Apple's iPad. I am truly an Apple product zealot so it's not hard for me to spend some cash on new products from the company. The iPad was to be the perfect product for me...as it has been and continues to be for millions of others out there. But...I changed my mind.

I decided what I really wanted to do with a device such as the iPad was read books. Many iPad owners report that reading books on the device is a bit of an eye-strain, and my eyes don't need any more straining. So, when Amazon released its new Kindle 3 device, I decided after weeks of thought and reading online reviews that it was what I wanted. And, it costs about one-quarter of what an iPad would have cost me, $139 vs $599.

I waited too long to order the new Kindle, and they are sold out at present. But, if all goes well according to Amazon, I'll have it by mid-September. In the meantime, I'll finish reading the last of my "paper" books. I hope this e-reader transformation works for me as it has for others. Times sure do change don't they?