Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rambling Thursday

Here are a few thoughts on this dreary day in SW Virginia:

Been raining here for the past two days solid. Almost five inches. Our so-called mild drought is definitely over for 2009 and that's a good thing.

Veterans Day has come and gone and in my mind this year's was one of the most emotional in my memory. Fort Hood shooting had a lot to do with that, but so does the fact we have so many military men and women deployed away from home, and so many recently returned, training and re-fitting to possibly go back. Tough times for sure, but the resiliency of our military is superb.

I tend to stay away from politics on this Blog, but I want to say that in my view it's a good thing the President is taking time before making a decision regarding the way ahead in Afghanistan. We've been there almost ten years now, and any future plans HAVE to be right. Lots of arguments on both sides of the issue, but I ain't takin' sides here.