Friday, February 29, 2008

Gas prices


Like a lot of others in the media this morning, I have a "gas" item to mention. Not sure how he intended it to come out, but President Bush yesterday in a press conference seemed to express surprise that gas prices are nearing $4.00 per gallon in some regions. As usual, the press is making way more out of what he said than is necessary. But, that's not my point. Last July while I was in Nome, Alaska I took this photo just to show my friends and family back home, how expensive some things are for those you live full time in the great State of Alaska. So, while the mainstream media is bashing the President today for how he responded to a fair question, I say that those of us in the "lower 48" need to understand there are lots of other Americans far worse off in relation to what we pay for gas locally. Then, there are those in Europe who have been paying way more for gas than us for decades. Don't misunderstand, I hate high gas prices as much as anyone, but I also understand it's a world market we're dealing with.