Tuesday, November 07, 2006

How easy can it get…to vote that is

I voted today using one of the new electronic touch-screen machines. Piece of cake. In and out in less than five minutes, and there was a steady stream of voters present.

The volunteer workers helping with registration and machine operation here in southwest Virginia were courteous and knowledgeable. In short, they were well prepared, and from what I observed were doing a great job.

I'm talking about back street America stuff here…there are less than 50,000 people in the entire county where we live, including the City of Martinsville. If people here can figure out how to make the new voting machines work, than anybody ought to be able to.

After I got home, I heard a news report about voting problems people are having with the new electronic machines in some really BIG cities. People voting must be dumber than a sack of sticks if those reports are true.