Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do you get these calls?

For the past several days, I've been getting one or two calls from people (apparently in India based on their accent) telling me they have a new "medical card" waiting for me. At first I just hung up, then after I got a couple more I decided to play along and see what this was all about. Not possible, for the guy named "Mark" apparently calling me from India, could not answer any of the questions I had for him. The toughest for him to answer was when I asked, "Why do I need this card and what will it do for me." He stumbled for several seconds, before I started to laugh and then I hung up. I suppose there are enough gullible people in the U.S. who really like to speak and do whatever business might be desired with "out-sourced" people like "Mark", such they he and others keep calling us so many times. Sad times indeed.