Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Wall Mural


Today I took the afternoon away from working on the next Army Engineer magazine, in order to go shoot some pictures with a smaller, hand-size camera I just bought (Canon Powershot G11) which I plan to use to supplement my larger Nikon DSLR. Always nice to have more than one camera, or as many as one can afford.

Anyway, I went to Uptown Martinsville (that's what it's called here, not "downtown" as is the usual terminology elsewhere). I was surprised when I saw a new and very large hand painted brick wall mural that spanned almost one block. The theme was an old circus parade that used to come to town back in the early 20th Century. I got just one of several elephants in a long line.

Thought I'd post one image here. Camera did a great job for me by the way.