Thursday, September 17, 2009

What to Photograph?


When I'm out shooting with my Nikon or Panasonic in hand, I have been working to further develop an ability to see things around me that might make an interesting photograph. Some compositions work, most are immediately deleted after I review the result on my camera LCD screen, or eventually find their way to the trash can on my computer after being downloaded. I considered dumping this photo but decided to keep it for no good reason other than I kinda liked it.

As I was walking around an old barn on a nearby farm, I spotted this empty plastic bottle someone had stuck in a crack. Sort of semi-littering; but, at least it was not tossed on the ground for someone to pick up and discard properly. In this regard, young people today have definitely NOT learned that its bad to litter. My generation was constantly reminded by TV and print ads that littering was not a good thing to do. Not so today, and I constantly see the results of it wherever I go. Sad, but true.