Monday, March 10, 2008

Time Out

Starting tomorrow, and for the remainer of this week, my wife and I are going to be away on travel with close friends, to Blowing Rock, NC. So, no blogging while I'm gone, but I'll resume soon after we return. Some thoughts for Monday, however. 1. Toyota won a NASCAR race for the first time yesterday in Atlanta. That's good in my view. Unfortunately, Kyle Busch was driving the number 18, Joe Gibbs Racing Totota Camry, and he's the one driver who I totally do not like. He's talented as heck, I just don't like him. 2. I read today that estimates are that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are projected to cost us $12 billion a month in 2008. Borrowed money at that. 3. If that's not enough to get your attention today, how about the report that drugs have been found in the drinking water of 41 million people in the US…trace amounts of antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones for starters. Another reason to drink beer.