Friday, December 07, 2007

I want snow!

If you are now stationed in the mountains of Afghanistan, or live in the northern regions of the United States, then this blog entry is not for you. For those of us in the mid-atlantic or southeast U.S., however, some (mostly me) want to see some white stuff the closer we get to Christmas. So, what do we get? Our local SW Virginia forecast is for record warmth next week, even though we had a small amount of freezing rain last night. I graduated from Michigan Tech in 1963, and there was still snow on the ground that gradation day in June. (Check out the site's web cam to see the snow on the ground now). Not that I want to have THAT much snow now , just enough to make me have to shovel the driveway. We're still a ways off from the big day when Santa climbs down my chimney, but I sure hope he has to hold on tight due to snow on our roof.