Friday, August 31, 2007

Super professionals at work

I've observed all levels of operation within the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) composed mostly of dedicated Department of the Army Civilian personnel with a small percentage of military men and women assigned. Yesterday I was fortunate to have been hosted by Colonel Ron Light, commander of the Transatlantic Programs Center (TAC) in Winchester, VA, and his Public Affairs Officer Joan Kibler. What I saw and heard convinced me once again that there is no government agency anywhere in the world as professional as USACE, and in my view TAC stands at the top of that command in relation to what they do to support deployed Soldiers.

I was there to get information and to conduct interviews for an article to be published in the November-December, 2007 edition of Army Engineer magazine. There is no question in my mind that when that article is published, it will be one of the best I've had the pleasure of compiling for insertion. Look for it!