Monday, January 01, 2007

Hope

I guess I need to join the long list of people today, who are placing thoughts about 2006 and 2007 online. No real reason why I feel a need to do this, except for the fact that I can.

2006 is over…enough said. 2007 has begun…what lies ahead. Nothing but "hope" I guess.

I hope politicians in Washington DC realize they were elected to do something besides point fingers. I hope we see better results from our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan early in 2007, and that the military is better resourced to execute the missions they are asked to do…especially the Army and Marines. I hope those in the media wait at least until a year from now before reporting extensively on the 2008 elections. I hope we see some really cold weather and snow along the east coast this winter, and that all global warming predictions turn out to be false. I hope the New Orleans Saints win the Super Bowl…not that I'm a big fan, but just a person who thinks that would be pretty neat. I hope Dale Earnhardt, Jr wins the 2007 Nextel Cup. I hope my garden tomatoes grow better this summer, than they did in 2006. And, I hope every Army Engineer veteran alive today gets a well deserved "thank you" from everyone with whom they come in contact.

Hope is a wonderful thing.